What Are Biodegradable Urns?
In today’s blog, we are going to talk about urns for cremains, and, specifically, biodegradable urns. What are biodegradable urns and why would you want one?
After a cremation, there are ashes, also known as cremains, left behind. There different things you can do with the remains in the long term, but in the short term, most people have the ashes put in an urn.
All funeral homes that perform cremations will have a big selection of urns to choose from including biodegradable ones.
What kind of urn you choose will depend on what you plan to do with the ashes:
- If you plan to spread the ashes eventually, then will likely want a simple and less expensive urn.
- If the urn will be placed outside in a family mausoleum, then the urn would need to be able to withstand the outside temperature changes.
- If you plan to divide up the ashes between family members, then you may want more than one urns.
- If you plan to keep the urn permanently inside where it can be seen, then you may want a more elaborate one.
- The biodegradable urn is designed for those who wish to bury cremains, and leave as small a footprint as possible outdoors.
For anyone wanting an eco-friendly solution following cremation, a biodegradable urn is an excellent choice. Over time, the urn will break down, and then both the urn and the ashes become part of the earth. This is an idea that will resonate, not just with those wanting a “green” solution, but also with Christians who are observant because the concept of ashes returning to the earth comes from Genesis 3:19 in the Bible.
Cremation is much more cost-effective and budget-friendly than tradition burial. You are always welcome to contact us if you would like to talk about cremation, urns, or funeral details. We can be reached in Vancouver at (604) 809-2006
We believe every family deserves respect, reverence, and compassion. If you have any questions about this article or would like to talk to us about cremation services, please call or text (604) 809-2006.